lundi 8 septembre 2014

Incurably romantic

I'm susceptible to stars in the skies,
I'm incurably romantic,
If they're told to me all covered with sighs,
The wildest of lies seems true.
Each time a lovebird sings,
I have no defenses,
My heart is off on wings
Along with my senses.
I'm a set-up for the moon when it's bright,
I'm incurably romantic.

Yves Montand, Incurably Romantic, in Let's Make Love (le Milliardaire), 1960.
Une jolie chanson dans un film médiocre.
A lovely song in a mediocre movie.

Alors comme ça, M6 a adapté the Great British Sewing Bee, appelé de ce côté de la Manche Cousu Main . Un peu trop tv réalité à mon goût, mais de la couture à 18h00 sur une grande chaîne, ça fait du bien.
Mais ce que j'ai surtout remarqué  et ce qui m'a littéralement hypnotisé, c'est le beau gilet romantique de la candidate appelée Caroline dans l'épisode  numéro deux. On peut le voir (malheureusement pas très bien) ici. Une merveille longue et toute volantée.

So M6 adapted in France the BBC show the Great British Sewing Bee. Over here it's called Cousu Main (litteraly "Handsewn", but something that's "cousu main" in vernacular is something that's really neat and tidy and well made). It looks a bit too much like real tv for me, but it's so good to see handsewing at 6pm on a major tv channel.
But what really interested me, and it almost hypnotized me, was the beautiful romantic cardi worn by Caroline on the second episode of the show. There is a pic over there but one can't see it very precisely. A marvel of flounces in a long cardi.

Alors évidemment, j'en veux un. Pas forcément le même, juste un fortement inspiré.
Au début, j'ai été très ambitieuse, en voulant rajouter de la dentelle. Estonienne, pas moins que ça...

So, of course, I immediately needed one such cardi in my life. Not necessarily the exact same, but something inspired by it.
At the beginning, I got very ambitious and planned for lace. Estonian, no less...








J'aime bien les deux, surtout celle avec les feuilles, mais finalement ça ferait un peu trop; je les garde dans un coin de ma tête pour plus tard. Peut-être un chauffe-épaules...
De plus, je crois que le Baby Alpaca Silk de Drops Poudre fait trop première communiante. Je pense que je vais utiliser du Kidsilk prune. Ce sera plus proche de l'original. La suite au prochain numéro :)

I love both, and I love even more the one with the leaves, but I'm beginning to think it might be too much. I'll keep them in mind for something else. Maybe a beautiful shrug...
Furthermore, I think Drops Baby Alpaca Silk in Powder gives it an air of first communion. I think I'm going to frog and use plum Kidsilk instead. It will look more like the original. To be continued :)

1 commentaire:

  1. le premier motif me plait beaucoup ! j'ai aussi une préférence pour le prune moins "academique "

    RépondreSupprimer

Bonjour. Votre commentaire sera pris en compte dès que je pourrai le lire et le poster. Je suis obligée de lmodérer, c'est pour cela qu'ils n'apparaissent pas immédiatement, veuillez m'en excuser.

Hi. I'll read and post your comment as soon as I can get to it. I'm unfortunately under the obligation to moderate comments, that's why your comment won't appear right away on the page. I apologize for this.