lundi 10 novembre 2014

A thing of beauty - Beauté evanescente


This is one of the finest irish crochet pieces I know. I'm thinking about it a lot lately because a Ravelry buddy wants to make her own irish crochet wedding gown and I'd want to contribute a motif.

It's very well known, but I'd rather talk more about it than less : the Antique Pattern Library page is a priceless ressource on irish crochet. My favourites are the Priscilla books and the Albums De Guipure d'Irlande by Mme Hardouin. All of this is in the public domain, so this is free to use.

C'est l'une des plus belles pièces de crochet irlandais, à mon avis. J'y pense beaucoup en ce moment car une copine de forum Ravelry veut faire sa robe de mariée en crochet irlandais et je voudrais contribuer un motif.
Un truc très connu, mais mieux vaut trop le répéter que pas assez : l'Antique Pattern Library est une source magistrale pour le crochet irlandais. En particulier les livres Priscilla et les six Albums de Guipure d'Irlande de Mme Hardouin. Tout est dans le domaine public, donc gratuit.

My own experience with irish crochet : I made a choker thanks to the Priscilla books in 2009. I was then recovering from a big decompensation that happened in january 2008 and crochet was my way to cope with the madness and ground myself into reality. I went back to work in september 2009. My choker was acting as a lucky talisman to help me cope, as I still was fragile. One day I was feeling bloated and choking so I put my choker in my bag. When I finished my working day, my purse was open and the choker was missing. I was devastated. Another bad thing about this job....

Ma propre expérience du crochet irlandais  : un ras du cou fait grâce aux deux tomes Priscilla en 2009. J'étais en arrêt de travail après une grosse décompensation en janvier 2008 et le crochet était ma façon de supporter toute cette folie, de me raccrocher à la réalité. Je suis retournée travailler en septembre 2009. Mon ras du cou me servait de doudou protecteur pour résister car j'étais encore fragile. Un jour je me sentais bouffie et en train d'étouffer et je l'ai mis dans mon sac. A la fin de ma journée de travail, mon sac était ouvert et le collier manquait. Encore une bien belle chose à propos de ce job...
(0.6mm hook, I was proud of myself. I wonder where it is now. Maybe destroyed - Crochet 0.6mm, j'étais fière. Je me demande où il est maintenant. Peut-être détruit :/)

1 commentaire:

  1. I am sorry it is missing, but it is a beautiful thing you created. I will have to have a look at this Irish crochet (first I have read of it).

    RépondreSupprimer

Bonjour. Votre commentaire sera pris en compte dès que je pourrai le lire et le poster. Je suis obligée de lmodérer, c'est pour cela qu'ils n'apparaissent pas immédiatement, veuillez m'en excuser.

Hi. I'll read and post your comment as soon as I can get to it. I'm unfortunately under the obligation to moderate comments, that's why your comment won't appear right away on the page. I apologize for this.